17 pages

It is an outrage, this case.

I am working a case in which my suspect has 17 pages of criminal history.  What do I want the public to know about criminal histories at this moment?  They are not even CLOSE to the totality of crimes the person has committed.  They are just the crimes they've been charged with.  And what does a felony conviction mean, anyway when the original list of charges included 3 or 4 felonies but the prosecution offered a plea deal?  Why did they offer a plea deal??  Because they are HORRIFYINGLY UNDERSTAFFED and only prosecute (meaning going to trial) maybe 10% of felony case filings.  The rest are mostly plead out, with a few dismissed.
Are all dismissals because the person didn't commit the crime?  No.  That is so far from true it is ridiculous.

Anyway, 17 pages, my suspect has 17 pages of criminal history.  He was convicted of 3 felonies in one state, beginning when he was a juvenile, including Possession of a Weapon by a Previous Offender, and fled the state to avoid serving time on his third felony.  Then he came here and was convicted of 3 or 4 additional felonies.  CONVICTED OF 6 OR 7 felonies.

Helloooooooo!!!!  Why the actual #$%@#%$ is this individual EVER hitting pavement outside of a prison???

And guess what he has been up to?  Oh, molesting his stepdaughter, and his own son, in horrifying ways.

Well, I am sure he is somebody's son and people would say nice things about him.

I am so sick and tired of doormat that is the American justice system!!

Listen, I don't care about the Death Penalty because we never ACTUALLY kill them anymore, or if we do, it is after we've wasted years and countless dollars on fighting appeals.

It makes me sick, this case.  And it is not that unusual.  In criminal circles, this is actually so common.  Felony upon felony upon felony ... victim upon victim upon victim.

And what do we do?  Bemoan the individual events in the media and yet do NOTHING to punish evil.  We coddle and make excuses for them and they just keep hurting other people!!

What shall we do?  Change our effing Facebook profile picture??  I am so so so sick of not fighting back, just accepting this.

Is the only option to slog through legislation with a bunch of waste-of-oxygen attorneys pontificating about their clients "humanity?"  I want swift justice, not this nonsense we call "justice" today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance Man Trauma

The fence and the .... well, jerks

The Basement of Sorrows